The primary tasks will be to carry out
• Simple repairs of turbines, troubleshooting and fault-finding
• Complex repair processes in collaboration with the technical support
• Planned maintenance/inspection activities (sometimes with subcontractors)
• Repair or exchange of main components
• Complete all necessary reports for tasks completed (this is done on a computer programme)
• Completed an electrical or mechanical apprenticeship AND/OR
• Qualification from a technical school/college relevant to the position AND/OR
• Minimum of two years of hydraulic, electrical, or mechanical experience
• Willing to work to high standards of safety
• Comfortable to work at heights
• Motivated and safety-minded
• Permit to work in Sweden
• “Can do” attitude
• Good English language skills (read, write and speak)
• Good at teamwork and collaboration
• Ability to solve problems
• Willing to travel from time to time, including nights away from home
• Flexible in working time
• Computer literate, able to use Microsoft Office
• Resilience & tolerance of frustration
• Readiness for personal development
Nordex will train you to maintain and repair Nordex turbines so you do not need to have worked on wind turbines previously although it is an advantage.
Are you looking for a new challenge to develop your professional skills? Are you looking to work for a company that is on the fringe of cutting edge renewable technologies?
Nordex is a company that will give you the opportunity to do just that and more. We are a leading supplier of multi megawatt wind turbines and a company that is constantly pushing the boundaries with new technology in the wind industry. Nordex has more than 30 years’ experience in the global wind industry as well as an established Swedish company (Nordex Sverige AB) for almost a decade.
Our service department is responsible for the service and maintenance of the existing fleet of Nordex turbines in Sweden.
This position as Service Technician with a permanent contract based in Maevaara area. We are looking for a new tem member as soon as possible. You will get an opportunity to work locally and will occasionally also travel to other wind farms in Sweden, as well as to our head office in Uppsala. In your role, you will report to the Area Service Manager for Nordex Sverige AB.
As a manufacturer of onshore wind turbines in the multi-megawatt class, we have been successful for over 30 years in an industry with a big future. Since the merger with Acciona Windpower in 2016, we are one of the world’s largest companies within the industry. Our global presence, with subsidiaries in more than 25 markets and production sites in Germany, Spain, Brazil, the US and India, ensures our success, giving our 4,800+ employees the possibility of international and intercultural experience and opportunity. Our goal is growth and profitability whilst providing clean energy. We aim to continue with full commitment, enthusiasm and new perspectives, and we hope to take you with us!
Nordex adheres to a policy of equal employment opportunity. All employment decisions are made without regard to religion, age, sex, color, national origin, handicap, or other protected class and in full compliance with all federal and state laws.
NORDEX SVERIGE AB, KUNGSÄNGSVÄGEN 25 B, 75323 UPPSALA